Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Stamping Symphony September Blog Hop - Christmas In September Stamping with Jen

 


I cannot believe the summer is over and we are now into autumn.  I love autumn, it is one of my favourite times of year, but I do not like that it represents winter is just around the corner :(.  But, we thought it was time to start getting into the Christmas spirit!! It is good to plan ahead and get started on those Christmas cards so that when the season hits, you are well on your way to being ready!! So this months theme is Christmas in September!

I bought the Ornamental Envelopes Bundle originally because I wanted to make fancy envelopes for my Christmas cards, but let me tell you. I am sooooo happy I didn't just get the dies.  I spent some time this weekend playing with this bundle and I had so much fun.  What do you think of this card? It is so easy to make.  


I will have a complete list of supplies at the bottom of the post to make this as I did, but you can make it with whatever supplies you have. 

I will do a video this week of this card and will add the link. So make sure you check back.

But here are some basic instructions:

Paper and Dimensions:

Night of Navy Card Base 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.

Night of Navy First Layer 4 X 5 1/4

Silver Foil 4 X 2, run through the Subtles 3 D embossing Folder

Silver and Night Of Navy - "Joy" cut outs

Whisper White 4 X 5 1/4 - inside panel

Instructions 

1.  Stamp the baubles using Versamark on the right side of the card (in landscape) so that the furthest right bauble is just under half an inch from the right side.  Cover with silver embossing powder and heat emboss with heating tool on high setting.

2. Using paper snips, cut around the baubles.

3. Cut out the Joy layers using the Joy Dies.  For the Night of Navy "Joy"  I put adhesive sheets on the back of the Night of Navy Cardstock before I cut it out, to make glueing much easier.  Glue (or tear off the protective sheet) and adhere the "Joys" together.

4. Position the Joy so that it is in close contact with a bauble (don't adhere just yet).  Using the Sending and To You and Yours from the Peace and Joy stamps, stamp in versamark on top and below the Joy.  Set the "Joy" aside and cover with silver embossing powder. Heat set using the heating tool on high setting.

5. Run panel through Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine using the Subtle embossing folder.

6.  Adhere Joy with adhesive of your choice.

7. Colour the metallic edge ribbon with the light Night of Navy Blend.  Colour enough to make a bow and to wrap around the card.  Let dry.

8.  Adhere silver panel to corner of card base leaving 1/8" border.  

9. Adhere ribbon to Night of Navy layer and adhere to Night of Navy card base leaving 1/8 border.

10. Stamp inside sentiment and adhere to inside of card.

Here is a close up!



Please check out my video here where you can see some tips and tricks



Don't forget to check out my join now tab of my blog or my online store to find out about the amazing Get and Go promotion that is on until Sept 30.  You can get extra bonuses with your starter kit....like it wasn't an amazing enough deal on its own :).  

I hope you give this card a try.  Make sure you check out the other talented ladies in the Stamping Symphony blog hop!!

1. Leena  - at Ala Cards

2. Lolly And Sand

3. Barb at Just Be Stamping

4. Leigh at Simpleigh Stamping

Stamping with Jen (you are here)



Product List

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! those ornaments embossed in silver with that silver foil is amazing! Thanks for the good directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed! I am just posting a video link as well! Check it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been surfing online more than 5 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours without a doubt. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Thanks... wms singapore

    ReplyDelete

Super easy fun-fold card that still WOWs!!!

 Our last team meeting Batty Brooks demonstrated this super fun card that looks so difficult, but it is really really easy and has the WOW f...

01 09 10